Wednesday, February 1, 2012

hospital visit

I keep forgetting to add this event to the blog. My friend Mary Anne did such a great job of documenting her twin pregnancy that she inspired me to keep a record of mine! So... last Monday night, Chris and I made a trip to the hospital because I was having some low cramping that didn't go away after LOTS of water drinking. Dr. Norman wanted to make sure I wasn't having contractions (which we found out I wasn't) and that everything was okay since this is a twin pregnancy (changes the playing field a little). Everything was fine and we went home 3 hours later, but still no idea as to why I was having those pains. My doctor gave me tylenol and some other drug (with a prescription for it to take only if my uterus started acting up again). I slept well that night being drugged up! And then she asked to see me in her office on Thursday to check my cervix (still long - but I remember reading that on Mary's blog too...). That doctor's visit was an interesting one because I had some time to kill between the ultrasound appointment and the actual doctor chat time. My nephew Warner was born about 45 minutes before my ultrasound appointment - at the hospital right across the street! I got to trek through the long corridors and find my way over to labor and delivery (of which I was a little too familiar with having just been there 3 days before!). Another side note to remember, there was a sweet little catholic nurse that saw me get off the elevator and assumed I was there to check in (seeing my large belly!) and wanted to help me find my way! Hopefully I will get to see Sister Sherry again when the boys are born! Anyway, things are fine and I am thankful. Severe heartburn has taken over where the cramping stopped. All part of carrying TWO little people in my tummy, I guess!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I knew a better way to post than anonymously...oh well. It makes me feel dark and mysterious. Thanks for the story. I didn't know that Warner was born. Just waiting for them to have a girl and name her Parker. I'll be praying for Sister Sherry to be around in a few months. Nurses are the real doctors when it comes to delivery. Will you post some pictures/VIDEOs of Abby?!

    ReplyDelete